Thursday, September 18, 2014

Question of the day

"Mom, are sock monkeys boys or girls?"
"I don't know"
"Well they have to be something. Maybe they are transgendered ?"






I have  to add, today, a day later ,that this question was prompted by a commercial that had a sock monkey in it. I think after he said it, I shrugged and said, 'maybe' and went back to whatever I was doing. That said, as I was falling asleep that night this conversation popped into my head and I kind of  waffled between, 'ha, that was cute and Oh shit,  I probably should have talked to him about what his understanding of that term and found out where he learned it. Once again, lackluster mom in the hizzhouse. At any rate, my alarms did not go off because it was said without judgement, more of a matter of fact statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment